It's way late but I wanted to post and say that we leave in the morning for town about 7-8 hours drive from Addis. It's called Jimma. We come back on the 10th of August (our TENTH anniversary!!). "Immersion" time, that's what it's called. And you say, what do you call living in Eth? Actually, it's possible to live in this city and speak English nearly the entire time. We don't, but we could! So, it's opportunity to speak more and to see what's going on in the rural churches. We should be able to get on the internet from there (should being the operative word). I'll try to post some photos as we go...
I realize there's no excuse for that final WC game. But, I must tell you that as Chris was driving the other day a little boy looking at him from the side of the road did a head butt and then a thumbs up. The expats here say that people will be afraid of Chris now. Also, my dad decided that Chris should no longer be conformed to the image of a World Cup Soccer player but instead be transformed into Chris by the renewing of his hair! Thought you might appreciate that.
I realize there's no excuse for that final WC game. But, I must tell you that as Chris was driving the other day a little boy looking at him from the side of the road did a head butt and then a thumbs up. The expats here say that people will be afraid of Chris now. Also, my dad decided that Chris should no longer be conformed to the image of a World Cup Soccer player but instead be transformed into Chris by the renewing of his hair! Thought you might appreciate that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home